We are supporting the following charities:
email us email us email us email us

Monday 17 August 2009

It's MacDui

MacDui

After the efficient de-camp, though I must say a big thank you to the lady working on the reception desk at Dailraddy camp site who, on her day off very kindly got up an hour and half early to let us out the camp site. Not to try and sell the campsite but I was impressed with the cleanliness of the facilities and for the size of the complex there were enough not to que.

As we winded up the road to the Corie car park, you could feel the temperature drop. By the time we were at the closed winter ski resort, the kit list had changed from base layer and outer to base, mid and rain outer. I’ve only ever seen reindeer’s in movies and Christmas cards so to see them chewing away on the car park edge, quite happy to carry on regardless of us fussing around with kit.

You can’t see MacDui’s peak from the car park, it’s hidden about 7 km beyond the ski lifts, nestled behind several folds of hillside.

As we left the car park and joined the the trail, I was good feeling to be finally out on the hills and 'doing' something rather than talking about it!

I enjoyed it, I hated the start as we'd spent the nine days prior to the event carbing up and relaxing. I actually put half a stone back on, I think I know where I lost it though...the first 4km of blowing like a fish up MacDui.

-darren

Stumble It!

No comments:

Sports (Blogs) - TOP.ORG