We are supporting the following charities:
email us email us email us email us

Thursday 13 August 2009

Cotton wool and plasters

A strange thing has happened over the last few weeks, I've become a scardey cat!

Normally I bound round like Tigger, gamely unaware of the dangers that surround me. In my day to day job I am aware of health and safety related to outdoor events and in a previous job I also dealt with general health and safety so I'm not a complete idiot (I think). However you dont usuallly think these dangers are going to effect you, you assess them you put the neccessary precautions and actions in place, jobs a good one!
I'm nervous about the mountains and rightly so any sane person should be. Strangely though I'm also nervous about twisting my ankle jumping around in the garden with my dog, tripping over whilst out walking on the beach may I say more. I have this in built panic trigger and find myself double guessing myself. I could think of nothing worse than than hurting myself a couple of weeks out and not even being able to start running in the mountains.
I'll be happier in 5 days time when I'm running up that first Mountain. Then if I need cotton wool or a plaster at least it will be worth it!!

Sweet Dreams yall Bryn

Stumble It!

No comments:

Sports (Blogs) - TOP.ORG