We are supporting the following charities:
email us email us email us email us

Wednesday 12 August 2009

Issue's 101...

I thought the training was hard enough, let alone all the small details of the last week. Our main event truck failed it's MOT on silly things, it should be fine again today [phew!], missing maps, missing kit, broken kit and nail-biting waiting for final kit from our sponsors.

In one year Bryn's right from his last post, it's all been about the changes. I was a slightly overweight guy at 16 stone [and a bit] with a pair of trainers, that had never seen dirt and a job that sucked all the living daylight hours out of me. Now as I look at my kit that somehow has to fit in to now what looks a tiny 33L ruck sack.

The biggest plus is having the time off from my work to prep this week, I don't think it would have been possible otherwise.

So far this week I've ticked off, Route Cards [check], Truck MOT [check], optional nervous nail biting [check], kit and sponsors final collections [check], GAS [not me the camping stove's]. So looking good, still much left to do, but just like the peaks we'll be climbing is one foot in front of the other.

-darren

Stumble It!

No comments:

Sports (Blogs) - TOP.ORG