We are supporting the following charities:
email us email us email us email us

Tuesday 11 August 2009

I feel I should be doing something...

Because for the last ten months the training has had to be pretty tough, so we got through the five days in one piece. Anyone will tell you that if they have got up and off Ben Nevis in under five hours - they know what pain was in their legs, add that to going up Ben More and Ben MacDui in the same day, I understand the emails we've been getting about "good luck & I'm glad it's you not me!".

So it feels strange that after so many training sessions, getting back to fitness three times in the last years from my IBD kicking in and out, I REALLY feel odd in the mornings, I wonder around the house...a little lost! I should be out on my bike, running, doing sprints or on the home gym machine, but these last few days the tension can be felt in both Bryn and myself. We just want to get stuck in, crack the first hill and see if we really are there fitness wise.

I guess it's the same as being in the forces, you train, you train, you train, then one day you need those skills you've learnt. You now need to use them. That's where we are mentally right now.

HOW YOU CAN SUPPORT US, in the next few days.
If you are reading this and have not yet donated and you think £1 or more is worthy for our 4x charities please donate via our paypal link on the top of both our Blog and Main Website. Tell a friend or two or just email as say hi.


-darren

Stumble It!

No comments:

Sports (Blogs) - TOP.ORG