We are supporting the following charities:
email us email us email us email us

Thursday 20 August 2009

Done...yes! I am...

Well not 'JUST' yet. Ben Macdui - DONE!, Ben Nevis, Ben [I'll rain on you all the way around] Lomond - DONE!, Skiddaw, Helvellyn, Scarfell [lucky to be alive] Fell & Old Main of Coniston - all DONE! Seven down, three left.

It's a heck of a journey, I've not only learned about what I've done, but what I am capable of doing. Stubborn is one of the first words in any sentence used to describe me, but I've added to that shear willpower. It's a real shame I never did this event in my early 20's, it really would have shown me what I am capable of.

Running, yes running up and down mountains? Yes!, we have to speed hike on parts of the hills, it's just not possible and for safety reasons not practical, but we do motor. A few people have told me I should be proud, maybe I'll feel that later as the event becomes more a memory, at the moment I can't help feel I've cheated myself. If there are any parents out there or teenagers reading this Blog, if you get the chance to send or take part in climbing several hills or outdoor pursuit centre week..DO IT! In the last 4 days I've learnt more about myself, than in the last 18 years.

It sounds so cliche, so out of one of those 'how to live you life' books people buy but never read. I just never new I had so much determination.

As we drive towards Wales the sky is clearing, the sun is poking its head out of the clouds and our blisters are getting a well earned rest.

-darren

No comments:

Sports (Blogs) - TOP.ORG