We are supporting the following charities:
email us email us email us email us

Saturday 15 August 2009

Easy to forget.

It's easy to get wrapped up in all the hype and stress of setting up an event of this type. You drift off planning and training. The emails we get however ground us.

When some gives you £10 donation, a discount or a bit of kit and then explain why, those thoughts will stay with me whilst I push back the thousands of meters of the UK great peaks. Some of the ones that stick out was a discount given to me whilst buy some kit in a local army & navy store, the chap behind the counter knocked of £20, then told me about his wife passing away with Cancer and "fundraising for Cancer research, young or old it's worth its weight in gold".

Another guy donating, reminisced about his son that had died of Cancer at a very young age, heart wrenching, but certainly inspiring. A few days of pain in our bodies, verses some of the conversations with people who have lost loved ones is incomparable. Even Bryn himself understands what it's like to lose a parent to Leukaemia, it sure puts perspective on life when you see it through others eyes.

Bryn and myself are not saints or do gooders, we are just normal guys with goals in life, this challenge being one. But I have to tell you it's certainly changed me, opened my eyes to what goes on outside of my box. It's very weird to see yourself under a microscope.

To all those people who have emailed thank you.

-darren

Stumble It!

No comments:

Sports (Blogs) - TOP.ORG