We are supporting the following charities:
email us email us email us email us

Sunday 2 November 2008

SLIP TRIPS AND GROANS


Early morning restless night, open the curtain thick drizzly miserable fog.... I was thinking why am I awake.. oh yes that's it we are off for a run again?

On the way quick text from Darren dont forget. yup I had forgot, a quick u turn I was back on the road within minutes by the time we got on the hill it had brightened slightly the wind was driving the drizzle and fog away. The idea for the day was a route we had done previously that took us approx 2 hours. one of our first it was us getting to know each others stride, pace etc. But this time to ramp it up and crack it under one hour.

It started well my lungs burning feeling slightly sick and that as just the first hill. Just before the half way point there is a stream, previoulsy crossing it was a thought out process calm and under control... well that was untill Darren fell in it last week! As I pause to consider my options this 14 stone hulk belted past me splashing through the stream shouting "yahooooooo come on" then laughing like a manic. I threw caution to the wind a followed suit. A short sprint later we where at the half way point just outside our predicted time at 33 minutes. We cracked on on the return leg al going well we managed to pull back some time, enough we thought to pause to take photographs... We realised we needed to push it to get down to the finish in time, one thing we had noted the amount of surface water on the ground running off the hills had made footing tricky causing us both to slip and slide along the way. Both of us had managed not to fal on our arse that was until the last 100 metres where I side stepped a rock and my feet just left the floor I dropped like a stone my elbow hit the ground then hit my ribs as I made a thrrrrrrrppppp sound sliding along on a cushion of freezing run off water. Darren tried to stop causing him to start to slide aswell. I managed to bound back on to my feet winded and laughing that painfull I'm hurt but alive but yup still hurting.

All in all classic training session. total time 1 hour 7 minutes. Not a bad result.

Bryn Posey

No comments:

Sports (Blogs) - TOP.ORG