We are supporting the following charities:
email us email us email us email us

Sunday 9 November 2008

Glorious training days



What a day I had managed to as always book 3 things on one day and try to have a personal life.... What was I thinking.

I had a booking to fundraise at Wyevale, so me and Darren agreed an early start 0700 on the moor short and sharp 4 miler as fast as we could. It meant getting up around 0615, I woke at around 0500 to howling winds driving rain gainst the bedroom window and honestly thought why oh why are we doing this, next moment the alarm was sounding it was up dressed and out. I managed to forget my map my first aid kit... Note to me pack the night before and stop leaving things to the last minute!

The weather had changed massivly in the hour I had been asleep the winds had dropped the rain had stopped and the clouds had started to break up.... We actually got our ass on the moor 0720 and managed to get up hill and down "tor" without a single knock bump or scrape and in 60 minutes shaving about 7 minutes off our previous time.

The plan is to get a little more adventurous for our next few outings...

Bryn

No comments:

Sports (Blogs) - TOP.ORG