We are supporting the following charities:
email us email us email us email us

Tuesday 25 November 2008

Blisters, Miles, Minutes

There are days and days, weeks and weeks. Now i'm not saying good and bad just different.

I've realised that training really does pay off you have days when at the beginning your don't want to be there and days where you wouldnt want to be any where else. As me and Darren lolop (describes our running style) our way around the hills we generally chitchat, about the event, fundraising, who what where when... kinda really boring for the cows, flies and rocks who have to listen to us. However on occasions we have ephinays like the title above this is why we train for every ten blister we get now it will save us one on the day, for every mile we run now it will make every metre we climb easier, for every minute we shave off our time as we get fitter it will save us well maybe a few minutes and seconds.

We took some awesome pictures which I managed to delete hence there being nothing on this update.

I've been lagging of late, by that I mean just goign through the motions turns out I have an infection in my sinuses which is causing me to have alsorts of side effect coughs colds wheezing basically feling rotten. I've also managed to tear some cartilage in my knee again. The wheels are in motion to get it sorted, possibly could mean a minor operation we will have to wait and see.

I've carried on the fund raising hit the £1000 mark for the GNR 2009. So all monies raised now are being split 50/50 between my entrance in the London Marathon 2009 and and UKEC 09 (that's ukeverestchallenege 2009 for short). over £300 raised so far only a few more noughts required and we will be there.

Have to say Darren has been working his socks off, he's managed o genereate a lot of interest and is getting some real results of support. But a lot of knock backs in the process. So if your reading this and you have a friend a mate who could offer us some support whether it's free socks or donation please please please contact us ukeverestchallenge@ukeverestchallenge.com

Onwards and Upwards

No comments:

Sports (Blogs) - TOP.ORG