We are supporting the following charities:
email us email us email us email us

Sunday 19 April 2009

Marathon men

Well Bryn is in the build up for the London Marathon, so he'll be one big Carb come this Saturday. To all those going look out for the guy dressed as Mr Tickle that can talk, run, dance, hop and collect money for the full 26 miles?

As for me I'm happy I ran / hiked 23 miles on Dartmoor in just under 5 hrs 15 min, including losing one shoe in knee high mud [jumping in after is was not a highlight], getting slightly lost [10 mins, but I found the stream, literally, hence losing the trainer] and also I took two pairs of shoes with me to try out, so swapped them midway around. I have to admit the North Face Rucky Chucky's were excellent and really great on the mixed terrain of Dartmoor. My Inov-8 MudRock's, were comfortable to the terrain but with less support they were better suited on the paths, rather than the open moor or the poor mile I ran on the road at the end, my knees are sure feeling it today!

There will be plenty of updates over the next few weeks as we have so much going on.
-darren

No comments:

Sports (Blogs) - TOP.ORG