We are supporting the following charities:
email us email us email us email us

Wednesday 1 April 2009

If I rest anymore...I'll scream!!

This last 10 days has simply been about 'resting', something I don't do very well. In that time though the main event vehicle is here with us, it's not ideal, but at the moment squeezing more MPH out of and tweaking it here and there. Plus the all important - getting the truck branded with all the sponsors and supporters, which was a huge task in itself. I ran out of space twice and ended up getting more cut!

It very much looks like I'll try to run this Saturday, with basically two weeks rest from running / hiking at the levels we have been used too.I am hoping my core fitness with drag my sorryfull butt around a fell / cross / trail route and not make too much of a fool myself or my team mates.

I've been in a terrible mood all week. I'm not so sure of 'prepare to fail' is a correct term, it was more like 'when your body says stop, then stop!'. Both Bryn and myself are competitive and fully focused on this years event and the training. I think at the time we both wanted to get in under 5hrs 30 mins, slow on a road, but over moor, marsh, bog and map reading on the go. That's moving over rough ground, through streams and up Tors and some pace.

Lessons have been learnt, in three days time we'll find out if all the winter hard work has done it's job.

-darren

Stumble It!

No comments:

Sports (Blogs) - TOP.ORG