We are supporting the following charities:
email us email us email us email us

Sunday 5 April 2009

Could someone please give me back my energy!

As Bryn has said the Endurancelife event was set in a stunning location, staffed with people who actually wanted to be there, were motivated and supportive. A very well organised event.

For me though it simply heaps more pain on the injury I already have. Bryn kindly left out in his post that at about 3.5k I was already suffering with the pace having not been able to muster any real runs in two weeks. I came in to the event off the back of the injury picked up on one our 26 mile run / hike / jogs. By 7k I was in a lot of pain by the 10k mark I just had to somehow carry on, I pulled up twice on uphill sections as I could feel the taped blisters cutting. Being a country mile race the total distance by my Garmin was 12.1k.

The competitors were great and I was motivated to run in the last half a kilometer with a guy who pushed me on.

Mentally I know I'm strong, but I just wish physically my left foot was stronger!

This all aside, you can't take away the day. The people were friendly and competitors from all over the place dropped down to the cornish coast for an epic day of trail running. The last view snaking past the coast with all the historical remnants of the tin mine era, will stick in my mind for years to come.

It was also great to see our wing man Dan get stuck in.

We have reached another benchmark and now once again we'll springboard forward.

-darren

Stumble It!

No comments:

Sports (Blogs) - TOP.ORG