We are supporting the following charities:
email us email us email us email us

Saturday 31 January 2009

Social points

Running in the fog is no fun. I landed, what could only be described as a diving, front rolling, dive bomb off a rock today [if it was an olympic diving event, I think it would have been a good 6]. I seriously have no idea how I did not pick up a serious injury.

As I lay there working out which bits of me still worked, I was surprised that everything was moving and no cuts? As I looked up, I could see I'd dropped about 4 meters. I'd simple been running, lost my path line and took a small stumble. I was on a hill at about 400m. It really brought home that we'll be running and hiking up hills 1300m plus, with sharp inclines and B-I-G drops. For just a second I must have turned to see where I was instead of pausing and moving on. I finished the run, jumped in the car and pondered on my brush with broken bones.

I'll certainly be watching where I put my feet in future...
-Darren

Stumble It!

No comments:

Sports (Blogs) - TOP.ORG