We are supporting the following charities:
email us email us email us email us

Sunday 25 January 2009

Hill running

During the week sitting at my desk, I devised a nice training session for this Sunday. We would jog down Bone Hill road to the base of the road and jog up, twice! Sounds nice and easy, but for Bone Hill is a wicked mile and half of straight up all the way. It's a really calf burner and lung blaster!

I felt this week we have had so much rain we were in danger of giving ourselves an unnecessary injury. It's a bit like dancing on ice but without the skill and skates. Pretty much one of use has fallen in the last three weeks, luckily without any major incident, more embarrassment really as one laughs hysterically at the others muddy misfortune.

Tarmac and I don't really get on, but with road events coming up in seven weeks, I need to get on with it. It was a good choice the ground was awful, all we'd have done is cut up pathways/tracks and get soaked.

After an hour of road work, I was comfortably done. I can feel my calf is still not fully recovered and it's strapped again, but nothing like the old pain of three weeks ago. It's quite odd that Bryn and myself are very much different runners, I'm comfortable off road, the ground suits me very well. Bryn works well over rough ground, but pulls backs on the hills, yet on tarmac he's completely at home. But I guess with a challenge like ours, it pays that you have two people who can drive the other on.

BRING ON THE HILLS!
-darren

Stumble It!

No comments:

Sports (Blogs) - TOP.ORG