We are supporting the following charities:
email us email us email us email us

Saturday 11 October 2008

Training training training

Well it's been a few weeks. I've been out on Dartmoor with my students, nice relaxing walks around the woods and hills.

I cut my training right back for the first week of October as on the 5th I ran the Great North Run 2008 13.1 miles (half Marathon) for Children with Leukaemia.

I completed the race dressed as Mr Tickle in 2 hours 40 minutes and 51 seconds! My feet where fine just slight neck ache and some sore thighs from the reduced stride due to the shape of the costume.

I have to be honest it's been hard fund raising I have to call and call and write lots of letters. All of a sudden it's all come together, I've had over £160 in straight donations from generous friends and family, I've also managed to arrange 6 collections at different locations across the county. I can actually see me achieving my target of £1000.

Onwards and upwards the web site is looking amazing check it out http://www.ukeverestchallenge.com/
it doesnt fully live until nov 1st. so loads of work for me and Darren over the next few weeks.

Keep reading and we'll keep you updated.

Bryn Posey

No comments:

Sports (Blogs) - TOP.ORG