We are supporting the following charities:
email us email us email us email us

Saturday 18 October 2008

Gravity Sucks

I decided on a walk to take a break from our events internet design and paperwork. I took along a good friend to chat to whilst covering a couple of swift miles, very early Saturday morning. 

Taking a regularly route, to cover sodden moorland ground quickly, most streams are a little bit wider [and deeper] at this time of year. When we reached what's normally a 6ft wide stream crossing, we were greeted by close to 10ft. Luckily [?] we noticed a rope swing, before you know it two thirty somethings are debating if it's strong enough to hold our weight and which one will land in the drink!

My friend pounced first and nearly got a good soaking. Now this is the part where common sense would dictate I pause and follow the same route, much to my friends quite obvious delight and loud laughter. I totally missed the bank, swung back and dumped myself standing upright in the 3 foot of water.

After clambering out, I dropped off my rucksack, stormed back through the water I just stirred up, grabbed the rope and swung like hell. This time just landing on the other-side of the bank.

I am happy to report that I've bought all the right kit, most of the stuff dried off quickly but for my socks!
And the moral? - walk 2 mins upstream and not embarrass yourself. - Darren

No comments:

Sports (Blogs) - TOP.ORG