We are supporting the following charities:
email us email us email us email us

Friday 10 July 2009

Don't worry...

I have received a few emails from concerned supporters, as this blog been quiet for a couple of weeks. Let me update you:

Bryn has been working very hard at fundraising [as always] and taking up the sharp end of the organisation for our fundraising day [FETE?] at the end of July.

Yes sadly however I have taken a turn for the worst in the last four weeks and have been very ill. It's generally odd I admit it, as most of the time I quite good at just saying "I'm fine". Training has got tough, really tough. With some new stronger meds and a slight up turn in how I'm feeling, we push on!

Luckily getting back in to training has been easier as I have 10 months of core fitness to fall back on. The two stone plus I've lost, the 25 mile runs and hikes on Dartmoor, the 30 mile cycles and short training sessions. Having an IBS that's leaning towards Colitis and Crohn's is proving my biggest challenge, NOT the change of lifestyle, the training days, the long hours at work...they have not been the problem, the diseases has. It's very frustrating when you get yourself in a good shape for such a compact endurance event like ours, only to spend most of your time trying to find a loo!

One of our charities is NACC - National Association for Colitis and Crohn's Disease - I might be feeling the burn right now, but there are others with IBS that can't do anywhere near a 10th of what I still can do. It's a tough, misunderstood and often frustrating disease, that is unfortunately seeing a surge in reported cases in the last few years. Personally I know at some point it's going to get worse, I'm going to have to make changes in my life again and the possibility of an operation is a question out their looming large. It's not all doom and gloom, I have my goals, limits and expectations and intend to use my energy wisely.

SO for now, don't worry we are still here, still busting [our now slimmer] butts and keeping our eyes on the challenge, all the best.

-darren
Stumble It!

No comments:

Sports (Blogs) - TOP.ORG