We are supporting the following charities:
email us email us email us email us

Monday 4 May 2009

Test this! - PART ONE

Doctors generally make people nervous, but when you are in a room with one that has a running machine, several assistants and a harness!?! You can't help feeling under the microscope.

Ok, I'll wind back a bit.

Wednesday the 29th of April, Bryn and myself dragged our weary legs down to Southampton Solent University for another of our training assessments. This knowing what was to come we both spilled out our excuses as soon as we entered the room. Having both run marathon distances on a few days before, this I felt was going to be messy.


[The team on the day who supported us - thanks guys]

Dr Stewart Bruce-Low our BASES Accredited Sport and Exercise Scientist told is in his best manner to basically 'stop moaning and lets start!', quite right, so we did. Bryn went off for lower back testing, I went for a round of getting my fatty bits being measured. We swapped then the REALL fun began.



After checking we were fit to be tested, we were once again strapped in to the running machine.



...and this is where I'm going to leave it for today. I have an early training session in the morning, so enjoy the pics and the video for starters and I'll add more info about the day and what we felt like PLUS what we have taken away from the day. It's been enlightening.
-darren



Stumble It!

No comments:

Sports (Blogs) - TOP.ORG