We are supporting the following charities:
email us email us email us email us

Monday 25 May 2009

Back as we should be.

Testing, difficult, painful, sporadic, clumsy, inefficient and misguided. Some of the words I'd use to describe our training even in January. We had the will, the determination but lacked the guidance.

With the efforts of Southampton Solent University's Dr Bruce-low, we can now see the reward and the effort required. It's not just about effort but training smarter. We have four years of this type of event, each one getting bigger and more challenging.

It looks like I am back in to remission and I can train again, it was a bit touch and go in the last four weeks if my IBS was going to go full blown and knock me out for three or four months again. But I hit it with strong meds quickly and rested up, sticking to my diet plan and luckily I'm on the mend. I now have a huge admin task of getting back on track with UKEC emails and contacts...but it's nice to be back in training and to not have really lost any momentum.

It's been very odd. the first week back and I've knocked two mins off three of my to date fastest runs? The rest seems to have done me some good and Bryn too.

11 weeks to go, wow that sounds scary!

-darren

Stumble It!

No comments:

Sports (Blogs) - TOP.ORG