We are supporting the following charities:
email us email us email us email us

Thursday 25 September 2008

Another lesson

This last week has been another of those bendy and blurred learning curves. I'm now on my 3rd and 4th pairs of boots, in only 5 weeks.
 
Two weeks ago Bryn and myself did about 12k on a Sunday, with myself doing about 6k the day before, all in the wrong footwear. Obviously my feet are going to have to get me around the route planned for the main UK challenge, and I have relented and bought two decent sets of boots. 

A pair of lightweights non-water proof and one set of heavier Gortex mix hiking boots. I have also realized that a quality set of gel insoles and better socks have improved the comfort. While I understand my feet really need to toughen up, I was surprised at the mess my feet got in two sort weeks.  One of the results of my poor footwear choices can be seen in the picture above, I've several blisters that are slowly healing.

Another lesson learnt. - Darren

No comments:

Sports (Blogs) - TOP.ORG