We are supporting the following charities:
email us email us email us email us

Monday 22 September 2008

The going got a little tough...

It's easy to run in a straight line or casually walk around on the moor, but when you run, jog, scramble and fall off things life gets slightly more complicated. I'm 36, and up until I was 34 I was fit, active and always on the go. Now I'm just always on the go, a stint in retail management took over my life in 2005 and within 12 months of the job role I found 60, 70 and at times 80 hour weeks were becoming the norm, my time for fitness rapidly vanished. 

This challenge and the training, over the last few weeks has been a shock to my system. Dartmoor is a great training ground and really what you make of it. It's been difficult to accept that in two years or so how quickly you can lose your fitness levels. The old saying really is true "use it or lose it!" My problem now is simply finding it again. - Darren

No comments:

Sports (Blogs) - TOP.ORG