We are supporting the following charities:
email us email us email us email us

Friday 27 March 2009

OOOOOUUUUCH!

Yes it's true, I am a muppet!

You plan a run, you tell everyone the details the times and weather, the important check points, collect all the GPS kit, check everything is working, collect your team mate at 6:30 in the morning, prep your food intake the night before [carb up], wake at 5am...then monumentally forget your own trail running shoes!!

This is what I did. I made two errors, [1] check your kit once then walk away for a bit and check it again i.e. do it the night before then check it in the morning. [2] If in pain don't be a stubborn, stop, treat, dry out your feet and crack on. To be fair I did this once but so keen to bag a good time I should have stopped around the 20 mile make and tape up and change socks. I ran in a old pair of North Face trainers - long passed their best with little grip left, little support and half a size too big!

SIX DAYS ON and I am still in a poor shape. I was going to post pictures but they were bad. It's taken 3 days for my left foot to soft bleeding. It's been six days of pain killers, anti-inflammatory pills and disinfecting my feet. The right foot is fine if that's some joy.

I'm wise enough to know what to do and just let 45 mins of madness ruin a weeks worth of training and at the moment quite possibly my chances of running next weekend. Unfortunately with on one else to blame I have to put up with my stupidity.

As the saying goes, "what does not break us, makes us stronger".
-darren

Stumble It!

No comments:

Sports (Blogs) - TOP.ORG