We are supporting the following charities:
email us email us email us email us

Saturday 27 December 2008

Merry in-excesses

Christmas, ahh a time of peace, family, gifts, friends and HUGE excesses!
I scrapped through...just.

Undertaking the UKEC'09 event was a rather large commitment in its own right. To move over rough ground at pace and running up hills, hiking in the dark are all made possible only with our growing fitness. All of that can be pushed back with far too much drink and food at Xmas.

We are stepping up our training once again in January, I had to REALLY resist many normal seasonal joys. I dropped a meal on Christmas day to only eat two main meals, I drank less this year as my body was effected faster, which thankfully meant I started drinking more water earlier on both Christmas and Boxing day.

I'm also finding people are understanding the commitments we are under. Instead of labeling us 'boring old farts', they are starting to understand that we can't just stop what we are doing. The toughest test is yet to come with new year.

I intend to have some fun, but quietly set myself a limit and stick to it. - Darren

No comments:

Sports (Blogs) - TOP.ORG